About 80% of the population have periods of acid reflux at some point in their lives. For some people it can be an increasing and persistent menace, even leading to cancer. Here are 8 simple ways of controlling this modern day problem:
- Raise your head and neck slightly when you sleep – can you raise the upper portion of your mattress 4-6 inches?
2. Cut back on common aspirin – aspirin can cause ulcers and lesions in the oesophagus
3. Cut back on spicy foods – spicy foods can burn the oesophagus
4. Cut back on alcohol – drinking alcohol and even using alcohol-based mouthwash last thing at night can irritate lesions further
5. Don’t eat protein after 6 pm – protein consumption causes acid production in the stomach. Carbohydrate consumption generates a more alkaline environment
6. Take mastic gum – This is a unique resin from a Mediterranean tree and it has been used for years to improve digestion, liver and oral health. It is anti-inflammatory, contains antioxidants and can counter H. pylori, a common cause of acid reflux. It also has benefits with ulcers and IBS.
7. Take zinc L-carnosine – this is classed as a food supplement in many but not all Western countries. In some, it requires a prescription. It is a mucosal product helping to line and protect the oesophagus and stomach.
8. Take marshmallow root – it’s a traditional herbal medicine used for the treatment of gastric ulcers and as a gargle for throat and oesophageal problems such as ulcers.
It is possible that you could have an infection. Helicobacter pylori is known to cause acid reflux. You can take the herb Goldenseal along with Gastrobismol, as the herb plus bismuth kills the bacterium; or you could try Chris Woollams Para Free Plus which he launched for a friend in part to deal with the parasite.
Go to: Para Free Plus